After a bad day there is nothing better then walking up to a baddie and hitting them with all you got.

Some unleash the powers of wind, rain, snow, and ice!

Some fly above the mob handing the Tank all the first aid and engery drinks they need to keep going, then point and laugh.

Some walk right up to the target, call them names, and hit them over the head with a mace!

All the unwinding that we ever need - we have found it here.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Instrument of Woe Gets Called Out!

The headline in the newspaper grabs your attention. What? A hero of Woe's caliber being challenged? What nefarious villain would dare to even risk such a beat down? Who would be stupid enough to try and take on one of the Victory Shard's Apocalypse 9? Yet as you read, your astonishment grows. It's not some silly villain trying to prove their worth by taking on the hero of the new Rikti War. It is, in fact, another such hero! Remi, known on her shard of Liberty for plowing though the Rikti, is the one behind the challenge. You read on - trying to see if Remi has finally snapped from all the pressure.

My dear Woe,
We have never met but your legend is well known here in my world, an "alternate dimension" similar to your own. You are a legend in my world - though I do not believe you ever stepped foot in it. You see we have a mutual friend named Banshee. A while back, Banshee was caught in a time slip that caused her to come to m world. We became friends and it was her stories of you that inspired me. See my family was killed in the first Rikti War. Growing up in White Plains, I lost everything when they came. No family, no friends, and no home. Banshee's stories made me believe it was possible to rise as a hero and help save others from what I went through.
Nice story, but why the challenge?
  • It would be fun.
  • I would finally be able to meet you, face to face.
  • I, absurd but true, would like to know if I could beat my hero.
  • We could open it to everyone to watch. An event if you will.

OK - so here is what I propose.

  • We meet on the Test Server, a "neutral" dimension.
  • You may pick one other to serve as your second - any one, of any build or AT. I am asking Banshee to Second for me. You would pick a brute if you like. The idea is fun so - whomever or whatever you like.
  • We open it up so our friends can watch. Would anyone like to start a pool? I have $10 inf on Woe - oops maybe I shouldn't say that.

That's it, though I am open to other wants or ideas.

-Remi

Instrument of Woe!

Remi is calling you out!

2 comments:

Dragon said...

Remi,

I am honered that you would pick me to be you 2nd. Where it will be hard to fight agenest such an old and dear friend I accept your offer. My buffs are yours!

Ban

Bo said...

Remi,

It is a sad day indeed; yet another indication of the decline of western society, when hero is pitted against hero.

I will determine my second and contact you with a date and time when we can meet you and the traitorous Banshee.

Most sincerely,
Instrument of Woe,
Mindless Killing Machine